Goal and Objectives of Computer Science as science subject
The goal of the computer science department is to prepare students for graduate training in specialized area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in industry, business/government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics and other fields requiring computing skills.
Upon successful completion of a major in computer science, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using the computer
2. Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems.
3. To analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
4. To design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, components, or program to meet desired needs.
5. Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
6. To use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
7. Provide with top spec computers and lab facilities.
The syllabus is very useful to the students who join B.Tech., B.E., BCA, B.Sc., and any post graduate course.